Faith Amor

Faith Amor
Simply Faith

Wednesday 24 July 2024

MY 3-LEGGED TABLE



I am such a creature of comfort, it's painful,

Living with familiar things, worn and faithful,

My three-legged table, broken but by my side,

New ones call, but they can't replace our history.


Repairing it is a dream denied,

But I find comfort in its lopsided grace,

You might think I'm a hoarder, but I only keep what I need,

Each possession chosen with care, a piece of my soul.


In their presence, I find rare solace,

Discarding them would leave a gap,

I cling to my flawed table; it's mine,

In its imperfection, I find love.


So here I stay, with my three-legged table,

A creature of comfort in a rushed world,

In its fragile balance, I cherish the past,

And the memories it holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment