Faith Amor

Faith Amor
Simply Faith

Friday 16 August 2024

I BEG YOU by Laban Erapu

I beg you,
If you feel something like love for me,
Not to let me know it now
When I feel nothing so certain for you-
Wait until you’ve conquered my pride
By pretending not to care for me.

I beg you,
If you think your eyes will give you away,
Not to give me that longing look
When you know it will force the moment-
Wait until our heartbeats have settled
Then put your head on my shoulder.

I beg you
Not to let us surrender to passion
Until our liking has grown to love:
Let’s stop and look back,
Let’s draw apart and sigh,
Let’s stand back to back,
Let’s say good-bye for the day
And walk our different ways
Without pausing to wait
For an echo to our last word.

I beg you,
If you find yourself interlocked
In my embrace,
To kiss me and keep silent
Before I start making promises
That time may choose to byepass-
Wait until our hands are free,
Then listen to me;
Wait until our love is primed,
Then give me your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment