Faith Amor

Faith Amor
Simply Faith

Tuesday 21 February 2023

MIDNIGHT SUN

The midnight sun strips my mind of it's peace 
I lay awake thinking about the bleak future 
The uncertainties of life fill my soul with anxiety
An eager voice demands I question existence 
Purpose and cycle of life seem so discomforting 
Why are we here?

The ceiling today looks like it did yesterday 
I would use the term useless but it's job to protect me from the midnight sun is accomplished 
Still it would feel more awakening if it answered my question
Why are we here 

Loud mourns from my neighbour alerts the unreasonable part of my brain 
Aaaah, that's his purpose, spending the night pounding 
All the screams the lady had, her desires I hope were fulfilled 
You can't quite be sure, city girls sometimes stroke egos 

I digress, my apologies, where were we?
Purpose? Talent? Something about life and sun 
Oh the ceiling? 
What about the ceiling?
The midnight? Is it 2am or 1am?
My brain sleeps, I guess tonight we proceed

No comments:

Post a Comment