Faith Amor

Faith Amor
Simply Faith

Friday 24 February 2023

CARNATION ON MY DOOR

Friday noon, sunny, boring, calm 
A knock on my door takes me off my thoughts 
Are you Faith? These are for you; please sign here 
These must be the most beautiful Carnation
I am not a flower lover; If I were, this would be it 
Maybe the bleeding heart; those are beautiful too  "For the love of my life, Faith"
Am lost in words, any love of my life would know I would rather chocolates 
But here we are, who could the mystery man be?
Him, well him doesn't look like the romantic type 
Heck calling me the love of his life would be him at his most romantic 
Maybe it's the dude from the mat, he seemed romantic but he only knows my gate 

Who even calls me Faith, that name sounds so promising 
I mean anyone who calls me Faith sounds like they can surprise me 
Maybe with simpler flowers like roses or maybe daisies?
Oh right could be that ex boyfriend who flew in from abroad 
Yeah must be him, mr sophisticated 
I once told him my house number 

I spruce up for a quick video call to mr sophisticated 
I always wear make up for our video calls 
He doesn't pick up, he must be busy 
Maybe he is coming to my place
The 10 year long re-union, oh the memories of teenage love 
I make a quick order to Carrefour for a vase 
An hour later it's here,  just as beautiful as the flowers 

Flowers are well set 
I am all dolled up 
Then the magical knock 
I open 


"Hi, my name is Faith, your neighbour, you may have received my package by mistake...."

No comments:

Post a Comment